BlackBerry 10.3.2.440 Now Available for All BB10 Devices

• 10.3.2.440 Now Available for All BB10 Devices
  • Hoo DatHoo Dat

Just updated from 10.3.1.1779. File weighs in at 392MB, for me at least. Seems like Shop BlackBerry purchased devices are receiving now, carrier purchased devices “should” get it soon as the carriers now have it in their possession and awaiting approval. OS version is 10.3.2.680.

http://www.howardforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=126163&d=1433265864

• Seems like a minor update. I’ll have to grab my Z10 and check it out

• Hoo DatHoo Dat

I was running some aspects of this update in beta which may explain the smaller size. Some people are reporting between 1.1-1.6GB download size.

• Bah not available yet for my Telus Z10

• Hoo DatHoo Dat

I don’t think that any carrier has released it yet as they only got it yesterday. It should just take a few days to a week for them to approve and release but we all know how ponderously slow the carriers have been with BB releases recently. Rogers used to be fairly quick followed by Bell then Telus, but it seems like it’s a tie between Bell and Telus these days in getting the updates out. The smaller carriers are unlikely to change their habits too much, WIND once released an update over 18 months after it was released to them for approval by BlackBerry, they claimed BlackBerry never gave them the update. I was sent a list of Canadian and US carriers the update had been sent to and WIND was on that list, they got it the same day as everyone else in the two countries did.

Ever since the Z10 launch I’ve always bought my devices directly from BlackBerry and now they seem to have sorted out their distribution model with Shop BB bought devices getting the updates pushed directly I’m even happier with that decision. On top of that I generally get the devices cheaper than my carriers sells them for, they’re unlocked right out of the box, and I get a discount on my monthly plan of $15P/M, it’s definitely something to look into especially if you like to keep your devices for a while.

• JTonJTon

I’m looking forward to performance improvements in Blend 1.2. The lag after sending a message is annoying

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.